Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Anthro Finally Coming to Vancouver!


I have been waiting for this news for a very, very long time now!  Anthro is finally coming to Vancouver!

Yes, we've been hearing this rumour for over a year now but now it's official.  They are opening their first store in Vancouver on Granville and 13th!  Now there isn't a lot of room on Granville and Anthros are usually quite large stores so I have 2 guesses as to where it will be:  1) the old Caban building because it has 2 floors and I think it's currently occupied by a not-so-cool clothing store, or 2) they will build on the old parking lot on the corner of Granville and 13th.  I'm sure it's not going to be as huge as the Anthro's I've been to in Chicago, New York or Seattle, but hopefully it will still hold a lot of stock.  And I really hope they carry shoes!   I can't wait for one of the new Anthro accessory shops to open in town.  That will be super popular, I'm sure!

Now I have mixed feelings about an Anthro opening up in Vancouver.  As much as I am excited to be able to try things on in person instead of guessing or waiting to go to Seattle all the time, I am not excited about the thousands of women who will now have easy access to the clothes I considered "unique" and "my own style".  

Vancouver is quite a small city and soon everyone will be wearing Anthro clothes and it will get played out just like Aritzia, Lululemon and Coach.  It will be too accessible and you won't be able to walk downtown without someone wearing the "hot" item you just bought.  This city likes to shop so if you bought something absolutely special, so will another, and another and another...  Oh well.  

I will probably still continue to buy Anthro from the US online though, since Anthro in Canada does not seem to hold as many sales at the US does, for some reason.  And the price point, especially on sale, in the US is way less than Canada.  At least I will be able to fit the item in the store before I buy this time.  That is definitely a plus.

I hope Anthro doesn't get played out.  I hate looking like everyone else.  


No comments:

Post a Comment