Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

My Latest Purchase

I love Anthro products but I don't love their prices, so I have learned to wishlist, be patient and wait for the item to go on sale.  I rarely buy anything at full price unless I absolutely HAVE TO HAVE IT and will be devasted if it sells out.  Yes, some items sell out completely and don't come back, which I have learned the hard way.  I missed out on a number of items because I couldn't pull the trigger at full price, but some products are actually worth it.

I read a few Anthro-dedicated blogs and read product reviews to help me determine if it will suit my body type and of course, for fit.  I read Effortless Anthropologie and Anthroholic daily for their awesome reviews, helpful tips and sneak peaks on sale items.  

Anthropologie in the US seem to have sales every 2 weeks, so I only order through the US site and have it shipped to Hagen's of Blaine (just over the border).  I pick-up packages almost every 3 weeks.  Thank goodness for Hagen's!

My latest purchases (which I haven't picked up yet) are below.  I will probably swing by Hagen's in a week or so (waiting for more packages to arrive) and then I will post pics of how they fit.  In the meantime, here are pics of each item courtesy of the Anthro site.

1)  Kirklees Sweatercoat (Reg. USD$159, Sale USD$79.95)  I just think this coat is so whimsical and cute.  I just hope the peter pan-ish collar suits me.


2) Geometer Tunic (Reg. USD$49.95, Sale USD$19.95)  Because I love wearing leggings and the colors on this top are so pretty!


3) Buoyant Bunches Cardigan (Reg. USD$79.95, Sale USD$49.95)  I bought this one in blue at full price in the Bellevue, WA store.  I like it so much I bought the brown striped version on sale (the grey one in the picture below sold out before the sale, unfortunately)

4) Phlox and Floral Coat (Reg. USD$348, Sale USD$149.95)  I fell in love with this coat when I first saw it online, then I read the reviews and I knew I had to have it.  But the regular price was just too much so I stalked it on the Anthro site until it went on Sale.  I actually overslept the morning of the sale and it was sold out online so fast.  I had to contact Anthro customer service to do a search for me.  And yes, I scored one!  Woohoo!  Can't wait to pick up this baby soon!  


5)  Schooner Dress  (Reg. USD$88, Sale USD$49.95)  I bought my daughter her first Anthro dress and I can't wait for her to try it on!  I don't normally like the nautical look but I read a review on this dress on In Pursuit of Pretty Things (post here) and it looked just adorable on the little girl, Kate, who wore it.  I think it will be a fabulous Birthday Party dress!


6)  Slow and Steady Hat (Reg. USD$39.95, Sale USD$19.95)  My 2nd Anthro purchase for my daughter.  Cute, pink and with a flower, how could I not buy this?

No comments:

Post a Comment