Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

OOTD: Rainy Day Wear

Today was a very rainy day. From sprinkles to showers to buckets of water pouring from the sky, I left the house excited to put my new Singing-in-the-Showers Slicker to the test.
Singing-in-the-Showers Slicker (sold out online), Citizen's of Humanity Ava Straight Leg Jeans (Anthro 2010), Hunter's Tall Boot (in grey), Daily Brights Satchel (sold out online).

The material is rather thin and the jacket itself is unlined, so I was a bit skeptical about it's rain repelling abilities, but the reviews online said it was water resistant and the name implies that it is in fact a raincoat, so that was enough for me to make the purchase.

Well, the verdict is in. The jacket is completely water-resistant! I was out and about in the neverending rain today, splashing in puddles with my little girl, and I stayed absolutely dry! I even wore a tank underneath so I could feel any water seeping in or soaking through. Nada! No leaks, no soaking, no water penetrated through this cute and snappy gingham jacket. I'm quite happy about this as it's hard to find a cute rain coat.

The brand name is Daughters of the Liberation, and in my experience with their pants, they fit a size too small for me, so I decided to size up in the jacket to a 6, having no idea how this brand's tops and jackets fit. Well, the jacket is pretty good everywhere, except for the shoulders. This is a tad on the snug side (just a tad) but I think sizing up even further to an 8 would make the jacket fit tent-ish on me. The 6 right now is still quite comfortable and fitted enough with the drawstring. I can probably still even wear a light cardigan underneath. I was lucky enough to pick this up during the tag sale, so if you can still find one, I would not hesitate to make it yours (especially if you live in Vancouver)!

No comments:

Post a Comment