Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Anthropologie Semi-Annual Tag Sale!


The semi-annual tag sale is almost here!  Tomorrow (Tuesday), May 17th marks one of the biggest Anthropologie mark down sales of the year.  According to info gathered by Roxy on her blog, a store attendant confirmed 1000's of items to be marked down for tomorrow's special event!  Wowee!  Also, there are high hopes for additional mark down promos (such as an additional % off sale items, like they ran during the Christmas holiday season).  That would be spectacular!!

The event is so special that select stores will open extra early (see store list here) to allow only Anthropologie members (I assume that means cardholders) a chance to shop early.

Now, it has been speculated that the Canadian Anthro's will have their own tag sales a few days after the US sale.  This may be true, I can not confirm.

However, I did speak to the Senior Store Manager for Seattle (he was at the Vancouver Grand Opening) and he said the Vancouver store has already marked down all their items early in time for the Grand Opening. So, do not expect to see additional mark downs during the US tag sale.  Boo hoo!  I called a day after speaking to him and a customer associate also confirmed this stating there is are no additional sales nor, will there be any sale promos (such as additional % off) this week.  Extra boohoo!  

The sale racks in Vancouver seemed pretty sparse to me, just like a regular weekly sale but nothing like a semi-annual tag sale should be.  I am still feeling out the staff at Vancouver Anthro to see if they have been asked to keep a lid on sales.  Perhaps I can get to know one to get a little inside scoop.  I'm still hopeful for some extra markdowns soon.  

Canadian shoppers, don't be discouraged, Anthro does seem to be listening to their Northern neighbours a little at a time.  The online experience has improved in use and appearance, but not so much the prices.  One step at a time, I suppose.  So I'm happy to keep griping about the differences because I know someone is listening.

Anyway, no Canada sale tomorrow sucks big time, which is why I am waking up in the middle of the night to do all my shopping online!   But I do have a budget, so I have to be a smart shopper tonight.  So there, Canada Anthro...you will not be adding my purchases to your sales reports this quarter.   You will need to start keeping up with the US sales and promos to keep my shopping loyalty.  

But I still love you, Anthro.  No hard feelings.

*note:  Sale Poster photo courtesy of Behind the Dressing Room Door.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know about you, but I was disappointed with the sale! I went to Anthro after work yesterday, and the selection was lacking. I think it was more houseware stuff than clothes. I ended up walking out with regular priced items! (Hard couple of weeks at work, so I deserved it! Ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roxanna - i totally feel the same way! i was expecting a lot better items to be marked down but none of my faves were slashed unfortunately. But I still made out with a few thins that I didn't have wishlisted. I will post my haul online soon. What did you end up taking home? Me wants to see! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got:

    http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=20920187&catId=CLOTHES-KNITSTEES&pushId=CLOTHES-KNITSTEES&popId=CLOTHES&navAction=top&navCount=516&color=066&isProduct=true&fromCategoryPage=true&isSubcategory=true&subCategoryId=CLOTHES-KNITSTEES-PLEATS&templateType=subCategory

    And

    http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?navAction=jump&id=20567947&parentid=SEARCH_RESULTS&color=015

    What can I say? It was a polka-dot kinda day! The pullover is soooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I adore those polka-pieces! I am holding out for a sale but maybe I will cave too! Very cute. ;)

    ReplyDelete