Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My First OOTD and Fitting Room Reviews

Now that there is an Anthro in town, my blog can finally become a proper Anthro blog with Outfits of the Day and Fitting Room Reviews.

I had my second Anthro visit today with the pure intention of returning a couple items and reviewing a few pieces I've been eyeing online.  However, I couldn't find everything I was looking for so I ended up trying a few things that caught my eye in the store.  Big mistake!  A few things came home with me but that's probably not too surprising.

It was a regular work day for most people and Anthro has been open for a week now, so it was a nice change to be in the store with room to move and no line-ups.  Today was the first time I really got to take it all in and check out the inventory.  

This store is only 6,000 sf, so not the biggest Anthro I've been in, and it showed in the selection that was available (or not available, for that matter).  I could not find most of the items I was hoping to try on and there was also a lack in sizes for the items that were on the racks.  Now that could also mean that they have been snatched up by someone else, which doesn't surprise me as size small tends to be the first size that disappears in Vancouver.  Similar to a women's size 7 shoe, size small in tops and dresses are a very popular size.  Lots of petite women in Vancouver, I guess.  Which is one of the other reasons I love shopping in the US, there rarely seems to be a shortage of size smalls in the sale rack or in popular items.

Speaking of sales, the sales room in the Vancouver Anthro is also quite small compared to others I've been to.  But again, it's all relative, I suppose, considering the store itself is not huge. 

Day 2 of the Tag Sale seems to be a bit slow here as the sales associates were just beginning to mark down items on sale.  I visited the sales section about 4 times and each time there were another few items that were marked down.  The sales associate at the register actually said all the markdowns should be completed by the end of the night.  Oh man, I guess that means another trip out to South Granville for me tomorrow.  Hehe.

Anyway, without further delay, my OOTD and Fitting Room Reviews...



Swept Swag Sweatshirt, Hei Hei cropped pants (can't remember name, circa 2010), Hearthside Wedges (circa 2010)

I liked this top right away because of the white on red polka dot print, but instantly fell in love when I saw the ruching in front (perfect detail for coverage) and the cutie-pie button details in the back.  I found the shirt to fit TTS, I'm wearing a small here, and it a nice, comfortable tee.  Perfect for daily outings over any type of bottoms really.  Wishlisting this cutie for a sale.  Comes in a white on navy color too which I hope to pick up too on sale.
I first saw this top in the teal color at the Grand Opening but didn't have the patience to line-up for the dressing room, so I passed.  There were no more teal in a size small so I grabbed the ivory color.  This is a two-part piece with a tank underneath the sheer t-shirt and connected on the inside.  I found the size small to fit a bit snug in the hip area, though one couldn't really tell with the draping on the outside.  I should have compared with a medium but didn't have time.  I did like the sheerness of the tee and the connected tank on the inside.  Will have to re-try this one again to determine how I like it for sure.  
"Nameless" Sweater by Bordeaux - $68
I really liked the color of this top (sweater/pullover, whatever you want to call it, since I can't find it on the Anthro site) when I first saw it hanging on the rack.  When I tried it on I liked it even more.  It is a thin sweatshirt type of material, good for spring days or cool summer nights, the color is such a pretty turquoise blue and there is a slight blouson effect to it that makes me classify this as more of a short-sleeved pullover.  This is a size small and I think it fits TTS.  Love this one.  Wishlisted for sale.
"Nameless" top by Deletta - $68
Another nameless top that I found all by it's lonesome.  It was intriguing because of the attached lime green scarf connected to the sheer light blue tank.  It was a bit too form-fitting for my taste but I liked the way the scarf draped over the tank and also liked the thin jersey fabric that was quite soft to the touch.  I could take or leave this top, but I am a big fan of the scarf piece.  So now I'm looking for a thin jersey scarf to wear.  But if I don't find one, I may just wishlist this one for sale.  Fit is TTS, this small fit me well.
This dress is great on.  It's super comfortable (gotta love jersey) and the draping in front is flattering.  The horizontal stripes were surprisingly not a deal-breaker, in fact, with the cut of the dress, it actually seemed slimming.  I really liked this dress and can see myself wearing it with flip flops to the park or dressed up with wedges or espadrilles to a summer bbq.  This was a size small and fits TTS.  Wishlisted for sale.

I have more reviews to post, but so little time.  Stay tuned...

4 comments:

  1. We must have been two ships passing in the night! Love the Ruched Hour Glass Tops, it's so casual and easy to wear yet so put together. I love the look of the Drapey Bubble Tee but passed for the same reasons you did.

    Hope my little one didn't make you tone deaf ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lulumum - i was at the register waiting for my turn and I saw a mom and her stroller (red Phil & Ted's, i think) and I had this odd feeling that the mum was you. Could it have been, i wonder? I was the mum with the white/grey Peg Perego. Hehe, didn't hear any anything as I was probably quieting my own. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to get the Navy Ruched Hour Glass top when it goes on sale too! Remind me, Anthro online sales start Tuesdays at what time?

    ReplyDelete