Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Vancouver Anthro Storefront



Took a trip out to see the new digs of my favourite retailer and wow, was I impressed! I have to admit, I wasn't sure how nicely it would turn out considering the space on South Granville is pretty tight. Anthropologie stores tend to be quite large, i think because of all the selection and inventory they carry, from clothes and accessories to furniture and knick-knacks. But the storefront definitely did not disappoint. It was pure Anthropologie all the way.

This new sleek and stylish Anthro is dressed in concrete, wood and some decorative netting that continued inside into the main window front,. This Anthro is still under construction, of course, so no uniquely dressed mannequins or cute, kitschy wares graced the front windows, but it was definitely underway. Though I've seen other Anthro's dressed in wood on the exterior, I think this may be a nod to the contempoary westcoast style of BC. That's what I'd like to think, of course. ;)

I stood across the street in awe, just taking it all in, snapping photos quickly in between the stop and go of the traffic lights. Female passerbys grinned at me as if they knew these pics would end up online for Anthro fans to marvel at. Hehe. Nah, it was probably just me thinking everyone is as excited as I am about this place. But, I did get one stylish girl comment on how excited she was about the store too, so I'm not completely pulling the assumption out of a hat.






I even took some quick shots of the inside through the front windows, trying my best to block the glare from the glass. Inside was a busy scene of bodies moving around, folding clothes, decorating, cleaning etc., etc.


So, Friday, May 13th is the Grand Opening with the store officially opening it's door to the public at 10:00am. There is some sort of Grand Opening party that evening that is by invite only and there was a Facebook contest which closed last night offering an RSVP to the event. I entered, of course, but past the deadline so not sure I will be admitted. Oh well. I have until Friday to find a way to get invited. Wish me luck!

So these are my photos. I am planning on walking through those doors at 10:00am on Friday but have no intention of buying anything. I am a sale kinda girl. But despite that, I'm sure I will end up walking out the doors with a shopping bag in hand.

I am so excited.

Ciao for now. Me.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome!! If it's even possible, your pictures got me so much more excited. Sadly I have nobody to babysit on Friday so I'm just praying it doesn't rain if we have to lineup outside.

    I wont be able to restrain myself from buying something. At the very least a headband but I'd like a top or a dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lulumum - have you had a chance to check it out yet? was crazy busy on opening day, but apparently not half as busy as the Calgary opening! The line up to the change room was ridiculously long and the line to the cashier was even longer! but well worth the trip out. hope you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did check it out on Friday, was so glad the lineup to get in was pretty short but it did get super busy just before 11am. Did you cave and buys anything or did you behave?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lulumum - I dragged my sick butt out of bed to catch the store opening but was 10 minutes late and missed the crazy lineup that I heard was waiting outside! bummed i didn't get a photo of that. but yes, i did get a chance to pick up a few items, haha, no will power whatsoever. I found the blue ribbon bow belt on sale in baby blue, a pair of cool purple aviator sunglasses, the waterlillies top by Sparrow and a lovely crochted vest that was made by a local Vancouverite. I will post pics of my haul soon too. Glad you enjoyed, sounds like your haul was pretty good too!

    ReplyDelete